Beitbridge 24 hours Tel: (015) 530 0070
• Valid passport
• Original vehicle registration papers: Note that a certified copy is acceptable at the border post. Persons whose vehicles are still being financed by the bank will not have original vehicle registration papers. They would therefore use the vehicle license papers (where the renewal disk is cut out yearly), or
• Vehicle license papers: Must be accompanied with a letter from the bank giving you authorization to take the vehicle across the border including dates. Both the bank letter and license papers should be signed by a Commissioner of Oaths.
• If you are not the registered owner of the vehicle: Please carry an affidavit from the police giving you authorization from the owner / financial institution to take the vehicle abroad.
• Police Clearance Certificate: May be required if travelling through the Chirundu Border Post, both for vehicles and trailers.
• Third-Party Insurance: Compulsory - obtained at border post for R225.
• Road Access Fee: Based on the vehicle's size paid on entry only. Rates:
o R60 for a small sedan
o R270 for a large 4x4
• Beitbridge Border Post Fee: R100
• Exit Pass: R70 at each exit
• Carbon Pollution Tax: Depends on engine capacity; fees start from R60 up to R270; valid for 30 days.
• White and Red Reflective Tape: Two small white rectangular size strips on the right and left hand side of the front bumper as well as two small red square strips on the right and left hand side of the rear bumper. If towing a trailer, two small red square strips on the right and left hand side of the rear bumper are required.
• Carnet de Passage: Not required. Temporary Import Permit will be issued at the border post upon entry, free of charge.
• Warning Triangles: Two warning triangles on a metal plate.
• White and Red T-sign: Required if towing a trailer; white must be displayed on front right hand side of trailer / caravan and red on the rear right hand side of the trailer / caravan, when looking forward.
• Fire Extinguisher: Compulsory
• Safety Vests: Compulsory
• ZA Sticker